Self-Employed Persons Class
The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to bring people who will become self-employed in Canada. They must have either:
- Relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and intend and be able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada, or
- Experience in farm management and intention and ability to buy and manage a farm in Canada.
To be eligible as a self-employed person, you must:
- Have relevant experience, and intention and ability to be self-employed in Canada;
- Your experience is relevant if you have at least two years of experience, and have:
- Taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level
- Been self-employed in cultural activities or athletics, or
- Experience in managing a farm
- Meet the selection criteria for self-employed people. CIC will assess you on selection criteria that include your experience, education, age, language abilities, and adaptability. You must able to be self-employed in Canada and able to contribute to Canada’s economy in one of the required areas.
- You must meet the medical, security, and other requirements.
Activities for a self-employed person selected by a province are decided by the laws of the province.
Contact Visa2Canada today to find out if you qualify to apply for immigration to Canada as a Self Employed Person.