Family Sponsorship

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) supports family reunification. If you are a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Residence in Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative such as a parent or grandparent to become a Permanent Resident.

If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a Permanent Resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government.

Visa2Canada Immigration & Settlement Services has assisted many Canadians and permanent residents in sponsoring their spouse, child or parent and would be happy to discuss your opportunities as well.

Some spouses who are sponsored for permanent residence, might be eligible to apply for a work permit while their permanent residence application is still in process. This would support their integration into Canadian society and work force as well as being a welcome contribution to your household.

Please note that CIC is currently working with a ‘cap’ on Parents and Grandparents applications. If the cap for a certain year is reached, CIC won’t accept any new applications for parents and grandparents. However, parents and grandparents may be eligible to visit Canada for up to two years under the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa program.

Visa2Canada has completed many successful Family Sponsorship’s as well as Super Visa applications and we would be pleased to represent you in these matters.  Please contact us to discuss the details of your particular case.

Let us
help you get