Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

Citizens of certain countries need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit, study or work in Canada or for travel through Canada.

A TRV is an official counterfoil document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

A temporary resident is a foreign national who has applied for that status, met the obligations and is not inadmissible; or, a foreign national who is inadmissible but is issued a temporary resident permit. Temporary residents may be authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a visitor, worker or student. The admission of temporary residents into Canada is a privilege, not a right.

Before planning to visit Canada an individual needs to find out whether they require a temporary resident visa to enter Canada or not. In addition, if you are currently a temporary resident in Canada with valid temporary residence status (i.e. Study Permit or Work Permit) you may need a temporary resident visa should you wish to leave and re-enter Canada.

Let us
help you get